Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules in the Student Procedures, Rules and Policies section apply to students in this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
(2) A student who has previously achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module is not required to repeat the module.
(3) A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in the rules for this course.
(4) A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of (3) is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements set out in these rules.
(a) a Bachelor of Dental Science from this University, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty;
(b)(i) a bachelor's degree from this University containing a significant component of dental health related coursework, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty; and
(ii) at least two years' relevant experience in public or primary dental health.
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
(a) fail a unit twice; or
(b) fail more than two units at the first attempt.
[Approved exceptions to University Policy]
7. Students who fail to make satisfactory progress are assigned a progress status of ’Excluded’ by the Faculty. See also Rule 2(4).
Award with distinction
Requirements for applying for an articulated or alternative exit award
[Approved exception to University Policy]