Note: This course has an advisory board known as the Urban Design Program (UDP) Academic Committee.
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules in the Student Procedures, Rules and Policies section apply to students in this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
1.A(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
(2) A student who has previously achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module is not required to repeat the module.
(3) A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in the rules for this course.
(4) A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of (3) is assigned the progress status of ‘On Probation’.
2. To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have an undergraduate degree in a field relating to urban design with a weighted average of at least 60 per cent, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty on the recommendation of the UDP Academic Committee.
(a) one unit chosen from Group A in Table a (Graduate Certificate in Urban Design option units)—12 points
(b) two units chosen from Group B in Table a (Graduate Certificate in Urban Design option units)—12 points.
5.(1) Subject to (2) and (3) to make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
(2) Students who remain enrolled in URBD5804 Urban Design Workshop or URBD5802 Urban Design Studio after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty in two or more teaching periods in a calendar year must pass at least one of those units.
(2) A student who fails to make satisfactory progress for a second time is assigned the progress status of ‘Excluded’ by the Faculty.
Restriction on enrolment